Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Update Week #26

So this week, its all starting to really feel real. I see a bump that sticks out in anything I am wearing. I can feel her kicking all the time and I am enjoying the process but I can't say I don't honestly wonder if I am going to be able to do this! Be a mom? Feels like a humungous undertaking! And it is. In my head I know I can do it and in my heart I already love her so much and would do anything for her but still. I am anxious.


A good friend reminded me of something in Bible study last night. We were talking about going into missions with children and she said that someone with kids and a missionary reminded her that 'our children are God's children first'. Ultimately, God is in control and will watch over and protect them. That was a freeing concept for me. He is watching over this child even before she is born. What good is me worrying about every little thing? Nothing! It takes away God's power.


So, I am not saying I am going to throw my hands up and say whatever happens happens but trust that God is in control.


Sooo on that note:

How far along? 26 weeks

Weight gain? 11lbs-ish....maybe more maybe less

Maternity clothes? Yes, obviously I might omit this question because it seems redundant but I have to say I am thankful for friends that have given me maternity clothes! Helps so much!

Kicks? All over the place! Wish she would kick out more so J could feel them more

How big is baby? 2lbs!!!

Latest craving? Watermelon!

Best part of being pregnant? That every day is take your daughter to work day :)


I realize these bump pix look the same (Jo mentioned this over the w/e). Not sure how to make it more clear she is growing unless you see me in person and then I am sure I look huge!!
PS. folks have started to ask me to put pix of me on FB... Tacky right? Or maybe one if its not an obvious baby bump shot?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHH I love the new blog layout, sis! Looks great! And I think the pics are coming along nicely - I totally think putting some up on FB is ok, why not??

Jolene said...

No I didn't say that! I said I love them! I don't remember saying they looked the same...just in the context of you look pregnant now, from the front, which you don't see in the pics :) XO, you are so cute.