Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

Never take anything for granted

Saturday afternoon my mom called, she does call occassionally but generally if she calls its not just to chat there is usually news involved.

Well, she said the local paper reported that someone our age had jumped off the bridge going into our hometown and she was around our age. *sigh* immediatly my heart sank.

Shortly there after I found out it was one of my neighborhood friend's sister who had taken her life. It was a shock, we grew up playing with both of them with the other kids on our street and I remained friendly through FB with her older sister. Her younger sister had moved up to my area and we had talked about getting together because they visit each other alot and we could make a day of it.

It makes me pause and think about how precious life is and how it can all change in an instant. I am fortunate to be so close to my sisters and can't imagine what I would do with out either one of them. I wished we didn't live so far away or I would have driven over just to give them hugs!

My heart aches for my friend and their family and I am sending prayers for peace their way today.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Awww I totally would LOVE a Jen-hug! You give the best hugs afterall :) (((jen)))

Jolene said...

love you sis...thanks for being there for me today.