Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day camping trip recap

I am sure you are curious as to how the trip went!

Well Friday J and I got up early and finished packing (I have to admit I was tired from getting together with my sisters and dad for an early father's day dinner) and hot but we got it done and were on the road by 10am.

My FIL was already at the site by the time we got there. The pups were excited to be there. I think they rememebered it.

We unpacked the car, I was slow but we got it done and I loved my reclining camping chair it was a life saver! I was able to relax and enjoy the afternoon with J and his dad and the pups.
Jackie my SIL arrived in the evening and we had dinner and s'mores of course. Which were delicious of course! The campfire kept the bugs away fortunately!

Saturday we had a huge breakfast courtesy of J's dad and then I took a really long nap, night sleeping didn't work for me. There was a huge bull frog colony that kept me up in between my pee breaks to my little outdoor potty.

In the afternoon Jackie and I went to the beach and got some sun and stood in the water, I didn't swim... there were a ton of kids and I just sensed peeing going on. We did some book reading and made dinner. Pretty much had a slow relaxing day and evening by the camp fire.

Sunday morning I was up at 4:30 am because the dogs were restless so I walked them and ate breakfast. We broke down camp and were out by 8am. We were home by 9:15 and unpacked by 11am. I was beat and napped from noon to 4pm! J on the other hand busted his butt to do the yardwork and finish unpacking. We were both pretty beat.

So the bottom line? Camping weekends are relaxing but alot of work and we both feel like a longer weekend/4-5 day camping trip would be more worth the packing/unpacking.

For me this year was different for several reasons:
1. I am pregnant, duh that makes sleeping, getting in and out of the tent, sitting, standing or doing anything for long periods harder. I walked miles probably going to and from the bathroom and the little camping potty was a saving grace at night!

2. We went with family, last year we went alone and that was bonding for the two of us.

3. We took the dogs, when we summer camped we boarded the dogs and in the fall we took them but there weren't as many folks camping so it was easier, less dogs to bark at!




4. We went for a weekend and I could tell it was more work for J this year because I didn't do all the packing/unpacking setting up I usually do. That was hard for me.

I think it was a good trip but not the same as last year. I am glad I went and we will go for the 4th of July with friends. I am hoping it will be alittle less stressful and not so hot but sunny!
The dogs loved it and were equally beat when we got home!


No comments: