Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 14, 2010

Delving into my research...there's a monkey on my back!

So I have been looking forward to getting back into the lab full time without the distraction of undergrads and teaching. However, my department hallway is a ghost town. And I have realized I am not just a lab rat that enjoys solitude. Don't get me wrong there is NOTHING wrong with that at all! Its just not me.

I crave human interaction. I am the only student in my lab right now which I do enjoy because I can spread out and use all the equiptment I need. However, I would love to have someone in another lab to have lunch with or shoot the breeze once in a while. There needs to be a balance.

I also feel like it spurs me on to keep going. Its motivation. Sometimes I can procrastinate (noooo really?!) so that helps keep me on track.

Right now I literally feel a monkey on my back with the research I need to finish up. Its got to be done by July 1 and I want to work as long and as hard as I used to but with the pregnancy I am slowing down.

So we will see how this week goes!

No comments: