Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Endeavoring to camp at 26 weeks pregnant



Yea it sounds alittle nuts but I think camping will be fun. We are going to BearBrook State Park in Allenstown, NH with my SIL and FIL for Father's Day weekend.




We went last year with the dogs in September, just me and J. We had such a blast. I hadn't camped in years but really it was such a fun low key vacation. Those memories I will cherish forever. No hassles of flying, $$ hotels, hectic schedules.




Just set up a tent and start a fire and relax with a good book. We went to Umbagog State park earlier last summer and that was a blast too. It was just me and J and his dad's family stayed nearby. It was just a good adventure, lots of together time.




We could really unplug and not sit in front of the TV and veg out. We talked and we worked together.




This year though I am pregnant I really want to go. I made one caveat, we need to go with other people only because setting and lugging all the stuff on the site would be too hard for me at 6 months pregnant.




So this weekend we are going with his family and in two weeks for the 4th of July we will be going with good friends and their dog.




Some things I need to account for this year that has me a bit worried:


1. I am a do-er. I like to get stuff set up and it will be hard to let J and his dad do most of it.


2. Its going to HOT and I hope I am not too uncomfortable. I am hoping my mat clothes are comfy enough and I might even bring a sundress even though we are camping


3. Bathroom proximity, we are close but I foresee bad things happening if I try to waddle to the bathroom 3-4x a night. So J bought me a little potty. I will probably keep it next to the tent and just pee in the dark as needed LOL!


4. Sleeping, granted I don't sleep well now so what different will an air matress make? Probably not much..... we will see




I look at it as an adventure and J LOVES camping and it makes him so happy that I think its worth putting up with what makes me uncomfortable for his sake.




We will see if my altruism lasts :)


This us camping last year with the dogs :)


2 comments:

Jolene said...

You're my hero...I couldn't camp NOT pregnant let alone as pregnant as that...but you loved it last year, you'll love it again!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, totally agree with Jo. You are a TROOPER. I love the potty idea too, that is a riot!!