Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday morning in the hospital

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. J came with me to keep me company and that was really helpful. My sisters were texting me and the time went pretty quickly.

The test itself was gross especially the drink. And apparently I only have good veins in my right arm so I am expecting bruises but the tech was pretty gentle.

It was interesting spending half a day in a hospital. We didn't wait in the OB waiting room the whole time because the chairs were uncomfortable so we walked around and explored. I really wanted to see where labor and delivery is but it was a haul to get there so we just roamed on one of the hospital closer to my Dr.'s office.

For a while we sat by the elevators and it was neat seeing all the couples and and pregnant ladies coming up for appointments. There were college girls there for what I guessed were annuals and older ladies walking by too.

Made me think about what its like to be an OB. I am sure they see it ALL.

I even bumped into my OB in the haul while I was waiting and saw someone else I knew. Made the whole experience feel alittle more familiar.

I can't say that with my issues in the past I don't feel a little edgey being in the Dr.s office. I know more about what can go wrong. At the same time as each week passes I feel a bit more reassured.

After the test I demanded Friendly's as a reward. So, J took me there for lunch and then went to work. I came home feeling ok but then got a headache and crazy dizzy spell so I took a nap.

Come what may with this test. I am ready for whatever the results are...

And yes, baby girl was squirmy worm... talk about sugar high for the baby!!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

mmm what didja get at Friendlys? ;-) *wiggle* (ME, not you!)