Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'll admit it.. I failed

my one hour gestational diabetes test.... ugh. It sucks! When I got the news on Wednesday I cried.

Did I do something wrong? Is it me?

Logically, I know that gestational diabetes happens to anyone and that just because I failed the 1hr. it doesn't mean I will fail the 3hr. test.

Obviously, if I have GD I will do whatever it takes to keep it under control. But I have to wonder about the test itself.

The one hour test one does not require a fast and you can eat normal food (minimizing carbs) before the test. Mine was at 1pm so I had eggs with veggies and a cheese snack.

One hour before the test you drink an orange drink that has 50g of glucose. Uck it was awful! Then they draw your blood after an hour. The maximum blood sugar rating must be under 135 mg/dl.

Mine was 165 mg/dl. which was 'slightly elevated' according to my Dr.'s nurse.

So, my next test is tomorrow morning and I have to fast from 8:30pm tonight until 8:30am when I will have a fasting blood draw and then drink 100g of glucose. Then let the pin cushioning begin. I have to have my blood drawn 1x every 1hr for 3hrs.

I was told to eat more carbs over the weekend than I usually do ugh. I feel like that is artificially going to raise my blood sugar. So I am eating normally, trying not to eat junk.

Tonight, I am barely hungry. I had sort of a weird eating day. I woke up craving quesedillas so I made them with cheese, ham, green onions and tomatoes. For lunch I had a tuna sandwhich.

Dinner? I was going to make grilled chicken but I don't wanna... me and chicken have a love-hate relationship.

So I am going to have to think of something healthy for dinner but I pretty much know that my blood sugar will be low in the morning (I hope). I just need to pass 3 out of the 4 blood draws to pass.

I am not trying to outsmart the test but I have had this test before and I know last time my blood sugar went down to 40mg/dl. after 2hours.

So, we'll see what happens tomorrow. All I know is baby girl is going to be zooming around in there because that will be alot of sugar for her!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

"i don't wanna" hehe sounds like me when I don't wanna do something ;-)

squashgirl said...

hahahaha true!I don't wannnnnnnnnn-a ;)