Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Lab FAIL

So I haven't talked about my research in a while. I am in the analytical phase working on winter squash carotenoids and extracting them to run them on HPLC. Not a really hard thing to do but I do have alot of samples.

Today, I am just sitting here feeling sorry for myself. I set up samples last night and went to wash them this morning and ran into emulsification issues (which I never have). I think my rinse was not concentrated enough..... honestly I didn't think it matter and boy did it.

Now I have made more work for myself and I just want to finish this up. The work is tedious and repetitive. I feel like its God calling me to perservere. I guess thats all I can do. I think I pushed myself too hard this week.

I traveled to the USDA Sunday- Monday in Beltsville, MD and then came back to work Tuesday for all day meetings. Wednesday it was so hot and I was wiped I just stayed home and worked. Yesterday I felt renewed with the cooler weather and my feet were in much better shape. I got alot done... small victory.

Then today... *sigh* I have other stuff I can do today and I will do it. But ever since I got back I have been sick with a cold/allergies. Its been frustrating. All I want to do is go home and crawl into bed.

This morning I actually woke up feeling miserable and the only thing that got me going was the thought of getting to come home early and take a nap. Not going to happen now :(

I need a do over today!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

aww! I grant you a do-over!!! XO sis!