Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

Shopping Fail

So I skipped out during lunch to look for shoes that will fit my pathetically swollen feet and some workout gear that fits.

I knew it would be a crap shoot because of where I live, all the stores at the mall are small and have little to selection to start with. I tried Sears for shoes (FAIL because the employees were chatting and ignoring me and I only had 1.5 hr. to shop).

On to Old Navy and I found yoga pants and some mat tops that were on sale (score).

I ran (rather waddled) down to Kohls. There it got really depressing. The shoes there are always hit or miss and I tried some flats on that barely fit and they were all size 11's! I know my feet are huge and swollen but I am a size 9. Ugh. I went to the maternity section and tried on shorts, capris and a dress. All were cheaply made and didn't fit right at all.

Typically, I avoid dressing rooms but they are now motivation to be more careful with what I eat. I see a double chin filling in and back rolls. I know I am starting to pop but I think I am gaining extra weight on top of it so I just look pregnant and chubby. Not a good combo. I also noticed a new patch of chin hairs... yes now I have chin hairs! Could be the pregnancy or all the vitamins in the prenatals but so embarassing!

I admitted defeat and only bought some flip flops... so it was a total FAIL. I limped out of Kohls and noticed that my thighs rub together in my jean skirt. Lovely.

I know this sounds like a list of complaints but maternity shopping can be down right depressing. I think I will try Motherhood tomorrow and hope for the best.

On the upshot I took a spin through Babies R Us and picked up a gift for another pg friend and looked around at possible baby stuff for me. So many cute ladybug things :) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Another awesome moment today was on the drive back to work. I ate a snack and talked to baby girl and she kicked me twice in the tummy. It was so cute because its like she responded as I talked. Love her already!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Aww! Baby kicks!! Yay!! :)