Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Practice at acting fast and staying calm

Came home from work a little earlier than usual, like 5ish. Took the pups out to pee and play as usual and then in to eat dinner.


As they were eating dinner I made myself some toast, heartburn was bad today! Turned around and saw Liam struggling to get up and then falling down on the kitchen floor. He was not coordinated at all. It was like he couldn't get coordinated. I tried talking to him and getting him to lay down. He kept clamping his mouth shut, I honestly thought he was choking. Then it dawned on me he was having a seizure.


What could I do? I fumbled with my phone trying to find the vet's #, which you would think I would have memorized. Thankfully they were still open and let me come right in. He was struggling to get up and falling down. I got Ladybug in the car and came back for Liam and half carried him to the car. Thankfully he is lighter than Ladybug! He was still seizing in the car and then half way down the hill on the way to the vet he started licking my hand. Sweet puppy had come out of it!


So I got to the vet and they let me right in and even let Ladybug come in. They are the best vets ever! They know Ladybug and Liam not b/c they are always sick but they get ear infections and Liam had a seizure before.


Anyway after observing him, the vet decided he was ok and didn't need meds. Phew. Ladybug definetly knew something was up she was hovering around him.


It was hard doing this all alone without Josh, 5 months pregnant trying to get the dogs into the car and trying not to have a melt down.


Gotta say the pregnancy hormones can cause me to feel quite a bit more emotional than before. But while it was happening, I just reacted. Just did what I had to do to get him taken care of. Couldn't even call Josh.


I know God was watching over my baby boy today. I can't explain why he has had two seizures but I know that he is healthy otherwise.


Today showed me that if I need to, I can just work under pressure and get things done without over reacting, even by myself!


****

This week I have already been a bit tense because I need to have another ultrasound. The dr.'s office called and said not to worry but they couldn't get a good picture of the heart. So I have to go to a different office and have a level 2 ultrasound to look at the hear on Friday. I know that this is just a routine thing but it freaks me out. I just want her to be ok. Saying extra prayers this week . On the plus side she has been kicking up a storm. Not just little taps but major thumps :) Best feeling ever!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So scary! I'm so glad he's okay!! It's awful that they don't know why it's happening, I'm sorry hun.

I'm glad that you survived the adrenaline-filled moment, way to go momma! ;-)

Jolene said...

Awww!! sis! poor liam!! you did the right thing, you reacted and were calm. Proud of you! And praying for you for your ultrasound, though I am sure it is ok. Love you!!

Jessica said...

Awwwww!! I am so sad about Liam!! I hope the beenie is ok!!! And I'm proud of you for getting through it, I think I would've panicked!! See? You are so ready to be a mommy :)