Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Its a funny thing, knowing I will be a mom in just a few months.... wow! I mean its not like I haven't thought about what it would be like but now that its happening its kind of surreal.

Today, J got me a card from the dogs/cats which was sweet and I got a Happy Mother's day to-be card from a friend and some well wishes of Happy Mother's day but I don't really feel like I should be getting the honor...yet.

I mean the baby is still baking!

Today was nice though and yet I find myself dwelling on the past and the future. This is my first Mother's Day without Nonna. Today in church they included prayers for families that were missing their mom's and that really struck me because I am sure it is hard on my dad and aunt as well as us.

But, I did remind myself she would not want me sitting here feeling sad all day so I planted some basil seeds and plan to plant them by her grave this summer.

I am content to celebrate the mothers and grandmothers and aunts around me this year and know that Mother's Day next year will be extra special for me!

3 comments:

Jolene said...

I thought of Nonna today too. She'd be beaming with pride knowing what you're "baking" ;-) Love you sis, you're going to be a fantastic mom.

Veggie Girl and Family said...

Thanks sis, your comments make me teary!!

Jolene said...

Aw, don't cry sis! happy tears only :)