Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Really Ladybug?

So our dear and wonderful pup Ladybug has a penchant for trash. We know this about her and have worked hard to safeguard it from her.

Last night was a total FAIL.

We both came home early (we purchased a used dresser/changing table...first baby purchase) but then I made dinner and we got ready to go to the this class at the hospital "My pregnant body' where a PT discusses the changes that are going on... it was good but we really went b/c it was pre-req for the birth classes in August.

Anyhoo.

When we got home Ladybug greeted me at the door with a Cheez-it box in her mouth. I turned the light on to see that all the trash was torn to shreds all over the floor. And... this is the best part....

She had blue, black and white frosting on her head, ears and paws. I had thrown out the cake box from J's bday cake and she must have enjoyed the left over frosting.

Really there was not much for food in the trash b/c I will through that out b/c I know her and she got a porkchop dinner one time when she got in the trash.

So, I cleaned up the mess and decided that our trash under the sink isn't going to work despite it being on rollers. She can open the other door and push the trash out with her nose. So, I put a stool in front of it. Apparently she can knock it over and thats how she broke down our 'Fort Knox' of trash.

So now the trash is in the pantry and we will have to think of something else.

I know she is fine, she doesn't eat the non-food trash but licks it. She has been into the trash 3xs since we got her almost 3 years ago but still.....very naughty!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

LOL! I totally was hoping for a pic of Ladybug with frosting smeared everywhere! Too funny. Total doggie FAIL!

Jolene said...

aww ladybug! Bad doggie, but I still love her ;-)

Ames said...

I'm tellin' ya, one of those baby latches that you have to push down from the top to open the door should do the trick. And, for clarity, you are currently* a cute pregnant lady. I realize that I said "will be" in my last comment and wanted to clarify. : )

squashgirl said...

Thanks Ames! I have gone through 4 different baby locks! I am ready to give up!!!!!

squash girl said...

thanks Ames! I have tried 4 different baby locks! She is too smart!