Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Savoring the moments

I could spent this whole blog complaining about the fact that in addition to being tired from work and taking care of Isabel I have bronchitis and a sinus infection but I won't.

Colds and sickness happen....in this case NOT sharing would be caring ;) Its funny how J and I seem to get sick at the same time like we never have before. I sometimes refer to Isabel as our 'lil vector'! Tee hee some Bio humor!

Lately, I have been noticing just how much Isabel is changing. She will be 8 months this week! Wow.

She can pick up food with a pincer grip, she takes a paci to nap and nighttime, she babbles so much, her babbles sounds like a real conversation she is trying to have with me. She can rock on hands and knees and pull herself up and she's a rolling machine wonder how long it will be till she's truly mobile?

It seems like yesterday I was rocking her in the recliner day and night. Nursing and shhhhing and swaddling and nuzzling.

She is growing so fast and I feel like I can barely absorb it all.

One regret I do not have is that I put chores and errands on hold and was able to give her my undivided attention. As hard as it was NOT to do the dishes, cook, clean and run around, she needed me. Demanded me and only me most times.

Precious little else mattered.

Now she is becoming more independent, sitting and playing, jumping in her jumperoo, scooting in her walker and feeding herself little morsels of food in her high chair.

All of these milestones are so important albeit bittersweet. I want her to grow up healthy and strong and not held back at all. So I keep my 'mommy wants her baby to stay little forever' feelings aside and watch her blossom.

I came across this poem and it rang true for me:

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.


Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.

Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo

But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren’t his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!

I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

3 comments:

Jolene said...

Aw, what a sweet poem sis. I love it. She IS growing fast, and I miss seeing her and watching her grow!! I can't wait to see her again. hope you feel better sis (and I LOLed at the vector comment even though I'm not a bio 'type!' so it was still hehe).

Jessica said...

You are the best mommy ever to the little one. I love reading about how much you love her, and how proud of her you are as she grows and blossoms and changes. So sweet.

Veggie Girl and Family said...

Awww you guys are the sweetest! xoxoxo wish she could see you everyday!