Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 13, 2011

Balancing work and being a mom....its been a long week

So I have been working everyday with the goal of getting 2h of work done a day, be it during Isabel's nap or after she goes to bed.

It sounds easy right? I worked a second job for many years of college and after so no problem right?!

Ugh.... it wouldn't be if my first job, my darling Isabel wasn't a 24h a day job!

I am glad to be making progress but I have been so tired trying to get this all done.

I am giving myself the next 4 months to write my dissertation and I am just in the stats analysis phase. But so far so good so I remain optimistic.

That's not to say that its not gonna suck! I know what I have to do, I just have to do it.

I have been feeling alot of pressure to finish so I am doing my best to make progress.

Its a challenge though because Isabel isn't exactly reliable with naps and bedtime.

What I am trying hard not to do is resent her when she doesn't nap, its not her fault! But the way I look at it is spending time working alittle while she sleeps is better than not being home with her. So, I am doing what I have to do, even if *yawn* its tiring!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

You can do it sis!! I have faith! And I am glad you are working on balance and not resenting her for not napping. has to be hard but I know you have it in you :)