Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Eight Months


Wow, I have an eight month old.

For some reason that sounds old to me!

Too bad we spent her 8 month birthday sickie and miserable!

However, it makes me reflect on just how far was have come and just what she can do now!

How has she changed?
Her hair is turning blonder and thicker and curls at the ends!
Her eyes are turning hazel...maybe brown in the end?

What can she do?
She can copycat: she watches and mimics, sucking noises, tsk tsk and she can pat her mouth with her hand and make noise like oh-oh-oh its hilarious! Gonna try to catch that on the Flip! She also babbles constantly and says mamamamama, rararara (dadada-ish) and uhoh!

She can:
roll over and over in each direction
scoot her body in a circle
push up to rock on all 4s but no crawling yet
jumps like a pro in her jumperoo
push backward in her walker

What does she eat?
Anything in her teether bag and she loves to self feed
peaches, apples, pears, squash, sweet potato, oatmeal are her faves
rice cereal, chicken, turkey, yogurt, peas and green beans make her gag! And I thought I wouldn't have a picky baby!

Really doesn't seem possible that 8 months have gone by! But seeing the flowering trees budded and grass turning grean and the lilacs about to bloom I guess it is spring. In a way it is hard for me to deal with this season change. Mostly because it reminds me of the fall and how hard that time was.

So even though Isabel is thriving and I am physically healed, I am still healing emotionally. Each month that goes by it gets easier and I am thankful for me life, my baby, my husband and my loving family.

Now if we can just kick Isabel's double ear infection, that would be great because a sickie baby is no fun at all!

So, on to another fun month of watching you grow and change we go! Onward I say! I love you my dear one, just don't grow up too fast! I will be right there though, taking in each moment and loving you. What a special honor it is to be a mama, your mama! Its the best!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy 8 months beautiful girl! Auntie and Uncle love you THIIIIIIIIIS much!! xoxoxo

Jolene said...

aww!! She is getting so big, I loved seeing her on skype yesterday. I can't wait for her to talk more!! Love it! Love you!