Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Down time with the H

Its hard to come by these days, not gonna lie.

Balancing, work, home, and baby is harder than I think other couples let on. But most 2nd and 3rd time parents give the knowing nod when I say its hard to get 'us' time anymore.

Its not that I lived in a bubble fantasy land thinking that the baby would sleep for hours and we would have tons of uninterupted cuddle time but here is how our beautiful daughter has changed things.

One of us usually goes to bed when she does, mostly do to the long work day/baby care all day tiredness. On the rare night we both stay up, I am usually on my computer in front of the TV working or catching up on life via Facebook, my blog, email etc. And J, is usually passed out within 30-45m on the couch.

Its ok because, thats sort of my 'me' time most days and just having J up and not in bed is nice. There are some nights (we can't plan it usually but we do get to stay up and watch a movie or something together which is nice and I wish we could do this more often).

Dinners...heck meals together are a challenge to eat solo....although with Isabel taking solids, I can stick her in her high chair and she will most of the time eat with us, unless its after 7pm and then she's winding down for bed.

Working in the yard was one of our favorite things to do together and now one of us juggles her, she's either napping so one of us is inside or she needs to be played with, which now that its nice out she can sit on a blanket and play while one of us works.

Mornings are different too, we used to get up and get going, now one of us usually J, gets up with her and plays with her while I catch a few more zzz's or have my COFFEE, which is needed desperatly! On the weekends they usually take her nap together which is sweet and frees me up to get stuff done.

Its amazing what I can do in 30m around the house when its all the free time I get! I can clean the kitchen, do a load of laundry, feed the dogs and or make a meal...go me ;)

This may sound complainy, its not mean to. Actually, its just amazing how a little girl can change our lives so completely, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

I do wish we got more us time where J wasn't so tired and we could actually maybe go out...*gasp* when was the last time I was out at night especially without Isabel? Ummmmm not since her birth ;)

Anyway, I think I need to hit up the Aunties for some babysitting...just wish sometimes we didn't live just that far away such that night baby sitting is too hard.

Ah yes, I hear my 'children' stirring from their nap so I am off to check on them and hop in the shower before its too late!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Sis! Say the word, I would love to babysit so you two can go out! Let's pick a time that works for you ok?? And this doesn't sound complainy at all!!

Jess said...

Agree! Aunties are up for the babysitting challenge, fo sho!!