Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Is it wrong to encourage a paci now?


So Friday I got inspired to try slipping a paci in right after Isabel dropped off to sleep to see if I could get her to 'comfort suck' with it instead of me.

Don't get me wrong I love the bonding that comfort nursing provides but its nice to get away while she naps.

Which by the way has come along way. I am now putting her down around 9am and 1pm (trying to be home then or around then because she seemed to just start this napping pattern on her own). She's having trouble napping while we are out even on me. She will sometimes nap in her stroller or car if the timing is right and otherwise she won't at all. She likes to fall asleep sidelying with me next to her with her in her crib and me on the bed.

There are pros and cons to a baby that wants to nap regularly (something I never had until now) and one that will sleep on the go. On one had the routine is nice and I get me time as opposed to being out and about because she wasn't regular with naps. Socialization with friends is going to change but that means my Phd. could get worked on during the day so thats great!

Ok, so back to the paci. We have EVERY.KIND.INVENTED. She liked soothies in the beginning but gave it up when her first teeth came in and won't take one till now. So it was just a fluke I guess that the one I tried worked. Figures I only have 1 or 2 of this kind. Might have to buy a couple more if this keeps up! ;)

So, its probably bad she's taking one for nap and night time but at the same time she was using me so its kind of the same right? I feel like she won't need this forever but if it works for now so be it!

She doesn't just suck on it during the day and thats fine. I feel like its getting her over the hump and helping her sleep. I am thankful!

She looks more like a baby with one though! Love her and love that she is sleeping better for her mama ;)

No comments: