Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Update Week #39: Will I make it to 40 weeks?

That IS the question in my mind! I had my OB apt yesterday, my NST was awesome baby was a moving machine so the Dr was happy. I waited an extra long time to see my Dr. but she is so great it was worth waiting!

Poor thing, she looked wiped out. She has been on-call and delivering babies since Friday-this morning at 7am.

She's funny though, she was cracking jokes and said motherhood prepared her well for a career in obstetrics!

So, all my bloodwork, blood pressure, and everything else looks good :) No pre-e so thats really good!

She did the exam and did a sweep (I will spare the details but its just what is sounds like) and said matter of factly that this baby will be here by Wednesday...ya like TOMORROW!!

I trust her medical opinion but I find it hard to believe! So, I came home last night feeling a mix of emotions and just tried to get everything at the house ready. To my crazy mind that include organizing the utensil drawer in the kitchen among other things!

I actually have been sleeping pretty well these last couple of nights which to me, is kind of miracle and I am thankful!

I am staying busy and active and even getting some work done on my dissertation so thats all good. J even went with me to vote!

So here may be my last real update because if baby N doesn't make her grand entrance by Sunday, I will be induced that day. I am hoping she comes this week just so my Dr. can deliver her but at this point its totally out of my control and I know that!

How far along? 39 weeks
How big is baby? 8lbs-ish
Weight gain? Holding steady at 30lbs
Kicks? Just wiggles, head bobs and an occassional kick/roll, I think she's pretty squished!
Latest craving? Water! I am soooo thirsty its just ridiculous!
Best part of the week? So far? The thought that she may arriving soon!
How do I feel? Uncomfortable if I sit/stand/lay down in anyone spot too long, otherwise feeling good!

39 weeks today!


No comments: