Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day but no labor for me....

Well I am officially 2 weeks away from my due date. My cohort of prenatal water aerobics friends have all gone 2 weeks early (except for my friend Crystal, shes' still baking her baby). I know that there is no way to tell when the baby will arrive and I can't say I want her out but, I am starting to feel ready, emotionally and physically!

This weekend, I kept busy. Saturday was my last prenatal water aerobics class and then we went apple picking (loved that) and then had friends over for dinner.

Sunday we went to church which was really reaffirming. I have been feeling anxious about labor and during church I just felt a sense of calm. It even moved me to tears when the scripture reading was about not being fearful because God is in control. Sometimes I forget I am not in charge, He is!

My ILs came up for a cookout and Jackie helped me put the finishing touches on the nursery ;) My sisters and Scott came by to say hi and pick up the wine they ordered. I laughed when it arrived because here I am 9 months pregnant accepting a crate of wine :) It must have looked ironic to the UPS guy.

Today we trecked to Hopkington for the state fair. I was proud of myself for showing restraint with the fair food :) I did have a corn dog, tried a fried oreo and got a drink but that was it ;) I wanted so many more treats but the GD stopped me. Maybe at the Topsfield fair I can splurge!

So right now baby N is still baking but I think I dropped. Last night I was having a lot of pressure in my pelvis and it was really painful. And this morning I noticed my heartburn was gone, so maybe she did drop.... We'll see how much longer she wants to stay in!

4 comments:

Ames said...

I've been thisclose to txting Jo to see if you were at the hospital yet but I figured that I hear about it in a moving blogpost : ) Best of luck with labor, Jen. Can't wait to hear how amazing it was!

squashgirlPhD. said...

Thank you! Hahaha still have 2 weeks to go but I have a feeling it might be sooner. Jo will def keep you posted I am sure! I am less scared of labor, I just want to meet her!

Jolene said...

Haha aww, Ames, love it ;-) And every time you call, Jen, I swear I am bracing for "the" call! I can't wait! hehe ;-) Love you sis, you looked fab yesterday!!!

squashgirlPhD said...

Brace yourself, it may still be 2 more weeks!