Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dissappointing day

No, I am not bummed because it is a work day, I had a long Dr.'s appointment this morning that wasn't very promising.

I will preface this whole post by saying that I am definetly feeling emotional today.

I saw a new Dr. in the practice today. How new? This was her first day at the practice (not practicing but still). She is French and pretty young.

Usually, I see my Dr. on Monday's, first I have a non-stress test and then my appointment. Today, I had my NST and then an appointment with the new Dr.

She checked my blood sugar numbers and asked ME if they were good, um yea?! They are actually. She measured my belly and said 'wow big belly'..... I am thinking to myself, 9 months pregnant aren't I supposed to have a belly?

She did an internal exam and said that I am barely dialated, when my Dr. said last week I was 2cm. I know that each Dr. is different but thats a big difference if you ask me. She said I won't go into labor tonight... duh, I didn't suggest I would!! I know most first babies come late.

She also said she didn't think I had a bladder infection based on the urinalysis. Umm really?!!

I asked her about my growth u/s and she said she's in the 82nd percentile, so only 18% of babies are bigger than her at 37 weeks. Terrific. She said that my Dr. will want to induce me next week. Its frustrating because my Dr. keeps saying that she won't induce unless its medically needed. But every other Dr. I have seen says that I should be induced early.

I love my Dr. and trust her but I have to wonder if I should push to be induced so she doesn't get too big and I have to have a c-section. Ugh, I feel like I have no good choices.

I am frustrated that the secretary scheduled me with a new Dr. at 38 weeks. I have another NST on Friday, so I am going to see if I can touch base with my Dr. by then.

I felt so dissapointed and down that I cried the whole way home.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

awwww sis!!!! I am sorry you had such a crappy visit!! Stupid doctor!! I want to give you a big hug!! Call me if you want to chat, love you sis and will pray Baby N comes to see us ASAP! :)

Jessica said...

Awww!!! I soweee sis!! I wish I could hug you right now!! Hang in there, you are almost there I promise!!