Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

People are so nice

So no baby yet... but I am remaining hopeful! I am trying to enjoy these last few days with it being just her and I. I am going to miss this part for sure!

I have been blown away with how kind, comforting and encouraging people have been in these last few days.

For example,
  • I have recieved many phone calls and texts from family (sisters etc.) and good friends not trying to bug me but 'checking in'
  • We recieved a beautiful handmade quilt with matching outfit from one of J's co-workers that is all ladybugs and matches her room perfectly!
  • I have been getting many encouraging well wishes from friends with and without kids. It is especially nice to have 'new mommies' cheer me on and encourage me because I know they know how anxious these 'waiting days' are, no matter how busy I make myself I am driven to distracting wondering when and if she'll come!
  • My dear friend Jess came over last night, brought take out and kept me company because J was working late again this week. It was just so nice to have some one to talk to and it kept me from searching the web for signs of labor for the four billionth time!
  • Today, I got some encouraging words from the nurse and a plan for how Baby N will be delivered should I need to be induced
  • Also, a fellow grad student called today offering to bring my printer to my house from school because I went in yesterday to get it and couldn't lug it...he ended up not being able to come but still it was so kind
  • Lastly, I was dying for a haircut and my hair dresser squeezed me in! I feel like a new woman!!

Now, I can't say I am not anxious or apprehensive about this baby arriving but it feels good to be supported by friends and family. I just hope she comes soon! I want to see her face!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Aww! Everyone loves you sis!! And we're all waiting in anticipation of baby N!!! XO sis, home stretch1!

Jen said...

Jen, I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! You are awesome. Waiting with baited breath for the next post!!