Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

J turns 30!

J's birthday was yesterday (same as my nonna's) it was of course bittersweet but I tried to focus on the positive!

Saturday I got him his gift, a fire pit for our backyard :) its like camping with the comforts of home! He liked it I think! Our awesome neighbors came over and brough him a gift (steak tips yummmooooo)! He insisted on eating them that day for lunch so we cooked them after he mowed the lawn, felt like summer!

So now we have a nice mowed lawn and a clean house (thanks to me ;) and we had a yummy dinner at my sister's house. They made homeade pizza... which inspired me to try to make my own pizza dough and sauce. We got a cake from the bakery that did our wedding cake and it was good night. Minus my swollen feet and migraine (sometimes I feel like I am falling apart).

Sunday we went to church with friends and went back to G-town for party #2. We got Sebatians' pizza and had cake with my in-laws. It was fine until his grandmother offered to buy me 'fat clothes'...ummmm thanks? I am already fat, I need maternity clothes. Ugh. Made me feel awkward and huge *sigh*. I know she meant well but still :(

We came home early yesterday and I wanted to get in bed at 7! I made it to 9:30 (go me:)

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Okay, seriously - fat clothes - totally wrong language - MATERNITY CLOTHES!!! you aren't fat, you are pregnant. Okay, I feel better now ;-)

Veggie Girl and Family said...

Yea well I felt like a hippo after that comment!