Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Definetly growing more than vegetables

This past week, I *think* I am feeling the baby more frequently. I am pretty sure I have felt the baby since week 15 but now its almost constant when I am not moving around.

Really, its is marvelously amazing! At first it felt like a flutter or a gas bubble but now it feels like rapid taps mostly under my belly button. It isn't like anything I have felt before.

It is now starting to feel much more real. Like there really is a baby in there.

We took the dogs to obedience class last night and J said it looks like I am showing. I felt a bit embarrassed..why? I don't know. I do feel self concious like I am 'hanging' out. It was sweet though.

Each day, I reflect on how thankful I am for this experience and I pray that my friends that are trying or already on their way to become mothers will be successful!

On a side note: Now that I am pregnant, I am even more annoyed than before about TV shows that portray pregnancy as a simple accident... really? Or that miscarriages don't happen or if they do, its no big deal. *sigh* I know I can't change the way society views pregnancy but realize now how tough it is to become and maintain a pregnancy. I will not take it for granted... I also hope I don't come off as too complainy because I am truly happy about this baby and will do whatever it takes!!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Don't be embarrassed sis! I noticed you were showing the other day too - yay, so excited for you. And, I agree with you re: TV portrayal - so true.

Veggie Girl and Family said...

Thanks sis!