Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I am back and I have something big to announce!

So I have sort of shy'd away from blogging for a bit because alot has been going on that I wasn't quite ready to share. But now I am!

I am 16 weeks pregnant! Eeek even as I type it, it doesn't seem real still! You'd think it would right? Well, I am so thrilled but face each day with trepidation! Why?

Well, I have wanted this for so long! And just as we started to think about trying, I had emergency surgery and lost a tube. It was pretty crushing because, though I know it was coincidental, I felt like it cut our chances in half. In November, I was diagnosed with PCOS.

Another crushing blow. The new Dr. of my practice delivered the news pretty calously and I just felt devastated. Ready to give up and just put off trying for a while. But despite the fact that it was the holiday season, I got on South Beach, started working out and tried to adopt a positive attitude.

Christmas was super hard for me. First, it made me miss my Nonna so much and second it made me long to add to our family. Of course, I prayed and hoped. Put my faith in God's hands which is hard to do, as we all know.

So how did it happen?
I am NOT going to say it was easy, or that I just sat back and relaxed. I hate it when people say 'stop trying and it will happen' Ugh!!

Anyway, I was actually 55 days (thanks PCOS) into my cycle and right after New years was at a conference, when I started to feel 'not right'. I was chaulking it up to conference food and PMS. But when I got back from the conference on a Thursday night. On a whim I took a test.

I didn't expect anything especially because I was 10 DPO (days past ovulation), yes I kept track (but thats another story).

I really couldn't beleive it. I told J at dinner and he didn't believe it either. So I waited until the next morning and tested with 2 other tests at like 5am. I rushed back into the bedroom and jumped on the bed and asked J if he could see a line.

Blurry-eyed he squinted and nodded. Joy, relief, excitement and pure fear marked that moment.

I called the OB/gyn and got bw that day. We were planning to go on vacation the following week so I had b/w on Friday and Sunday morning.

Sunday morning J had gone to church early and I went for b/w. I stopped at Target to pee and grab a snack on the way to church. My cell rang and it was the OB... my beta was a 41... I was pregnant for sure! But not out of the woods. This number needed to double every 48h to be normal.

I had prayed in church that it had doubled and that Sunday's bw would show it. On Monday, we were on our way to VT for vacation and the OB called, it was a 91!

Our vacation was even better because timing wise, I got to sleep alot. And honestly felt pretty good until 6 weeks in.

I will spare you the 1st trimester details but I had it all minus puking (I actually wish I did puke b/c I think I would have felt better) but the fatigue, naseua, heart burn, dizziness. And I would do it all again! I had a scary week when I started spotting but it was ok and the ultra sound showed a tiny gummy bear with a beating heart and all the panic was forgotten!

So, now I am in 2 trimester, which they say is the best one. Ha, we'll see. I am feeling pretty good now.

Keep you posted more regularly now! Baby N is on its way!

5 comments:

Jolene said...

Yay sis - so so so excited for you and even almost more excited to be an auntie :) what, no mention of the dream Jess had about birthing felines, or me crying? ;-) Just teasing. Love you!

Anonymous said...

So, so, so happy for you!! Glad you finally told the world (we've all been happy for you for weeks!)

Veggie Girl and Family said...

Thanks you guys!

Ames* said...

Wow Jenn, that's wonderful news! So excited and happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Weeee!!! I loved reading this Jen, like Jo, I'm SO EXCITED to compete for best auntie award ;)xo