Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Amazing Grace

In church the pastor talked about grace and he made a point that convicted me. He said that today, we live in an environment where we are like the frog in the boiling water....if a frog sits in a pot of water and the heat is turned up over time, it will not feel the change in water and perish.

That is sort of like how we as people live in society, its easy to look around and think that "I am doing ok" when those around us are just as bad as we are. Wow. We as Christians are sinners... and yet God has given us Grace, he forgives us. That is what grace truly is. We as Christians are asked to extend grace to others...and that is hard sometimes.

It was a good and challenging service today. We sang two of my favorite hymns that brought me to tears, "How Great Thou Art" and "Amazing Grace". These two are my favorite hymns ever. It remind me just how awesome a God we serve and how much He loves us. Such a comfort. It also reminds me of my Nonna. She loved these hymns and they were played at her funeral.

It brought all those feelings of loss flooding back. I still miss her all the time but I haven't forgotten all that she has taught me.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

beautifully written sis - those are two songs I really love too. And you bring up powerful points around God's grace. So true.