Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sweetest sight I ever saw

Well, maybe its one of the top ten of the sweetest.

Today, when I picked up Isabel she was standing on her little platform (as usual) by the window clutching my tanktop.

The one I wore last night and slept in. I didn't think it would work that having my shirt with my 'smell' on it would make a difference. It seems like it did.

I did a couple of things differently today. I sent her lovie, some breastmilk, some of her favorite snacks and my t-shirt.

J said the drop off was better, no koala bear cling, some crying and she settled pretty fast with her teachers. They said she didn't cry as much during the day, ate/drank a bit more and played peekaboo with her teachers.

It was such a relief that she did better today. I think she will get better and better at this and that makes me feel good.

I think it helps that she is over her ear infection and feels better.

I know she and I will get through this, each day is feeling more and more normal. I have to admit, I like the break and feel less stressed about finishing my dissertation because I am getting more chunks of time to complete it.

So, I am breathing a sigh of relief and am cautiously optimistic that we are going in the right direction. She is such a big girl!

1 comment:

Jess said...

AWWW!! Of course your scent was calming to her, your her MAMA!! Hell, I even think the smell of "Jen" is comforting, it always was growing up too!!