Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 5, 2011

And she walked

Today was the first day Isabel really starting walking, not just steps here and there. Last night she would string a few steps together and fall. Today, she walked from one side of the living room to the other.

Just like that.

Its amazing to watch her little mind learn how to move and put it all together.

The look on her face is priceless, she is so proud of herself and looks to us for approval.

Yes, I am a proud mama tonight.

There have been naysayers out there that say its all over now that she can walk but honestly, she has never seemed happier. Its fostering her independence and need to explore and I welcome it.

So HOORAY for Isabel, she walks..but still crawls faster!

*****************
On a side note, Isabel starts back to 'school' tomorrow. I am feeling absolute dread. I don't want her to hate it but I know its going to be rough. Oh cue the guilt as I sit here putting together a list of to-dos for tomorrow. Lunches for all of us are made, her bag is packed but I need to write her name in a couple of clothing items, her bag is packed and I am pulling my stuff together and iron clothes. Yea, its fun! Haha

Praying that our day goes well tomorrow, I am trusting God can help her adjust and watch over her while we aren't together. *sigh* Its so hard to let go.

I do think that Isabel would be even happier now that she can walk! Hope that helps...

2 comments:

Jolene said...

YAY!! She walked!! I am so proud :) Good luck today sis.

Jess said...

SO proud of my little niece, cannot believe she's walking!! I LOVE her so much!!!