Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Perfect day


Isabel's birthday was probably the best day of the year.

My hope for the day was to celebrate Isabel's life and the joy that she brings to all of us. I wanted everyone to feel comfortable and enjoy themselves but I could enjoy the day too.

This is what happened.

Sure leading up to it, I was running around picking up food, cleaning, decorating and baking. But it was worth it. I did as much as I could ahead of time and by Sunday morning we were in good shape. I am thankful for J's friends that came up for the party and really helped with the nitty gritty.

I will be honesty. I am not a party planner. I don't even like most parties i.e. showers but I really wanted to mark this day and make it feel special. And I actually felt excited about the day. I put the trauma and bad memories behind me and forced myself to embrace this day in a new way.

I think letting go of the pain and anguish was key to enjoying the day and focusing on Isabel instead of myself.

I was overwhelmed by the generosity of family and friends. Isabel is one lucky girl with a sweet little bike trike and a little chair with her name on it. She has a whole fall and winter wadrobe and some great books. I can tell that everyone there just loves this little girl so much it makes my heart swell with joy.

What I loved the most is watching Isabel enjoy her party. She proudly toddled around the party showing off to anyone who would watch her. She loves attention, she loves her new independence and didn't cry or fuss at all. I know it is because she can get places on her own and doesn't need to be held. She played with her baby friends but she loves the big kids too.

She was the energizer baby for 6 full hours until she crashed at 6pm.

Bliss is hardly a word I use often but its what I felt as I was able to sit and watch the day unfold. I got to mingle with friends and family and eat cake! I always seem to miss that part at the 8 other 1st birthday parties I have been to haha.

J and I felt like a family that day. We got to enjoy our home and our friends and family. It was a good day and a wonderful start to this new year.

I just love my little munchkin. She makes me so happy and gives me the greatest joy. My life has changed so much and I can't imagine life with out my little girl. She is the best and I am loving this phase of toddlerhood.
xoxo my Isabel

3 comments:

Jess said...

Aw sis, I'm SO happy that you got to enjoy and celebrate your little one on her first birthday. She is an amazing little girl and she has YOU to thank for raising her to be the beautiful, loving, SO DAMN CUTE little girl that she is. I LOVED showering her with gifts and watching her toddle around like a big girl. She has such a stronghold on this auntie's heart, she will get WHATEVER she wants out of me growing up (shh don't tell her!). :) Love you both!

Melissa Lancaster said...

Glad she had such a wonderful birthday! ::)

Jolene said...

So glad u had a good day!! I did too and was amazed at how well Isabel did :)