Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cherishing laughter, a gift from God

This week has felt especially challenging with Isabel having an ear infection, both of us starting school and Ladybug and Liam still healing.

Today, I feel reminded that God really does love us and He shows us through our ability to laugh.

Isabel loves to laugh and now she shares in laughter. Its infectious. She is taking steps and as she does she just laughs, giggles and smiles. Its the best. Actually, its hilarious to see someone so little literally run across the living room. She is just so proud of herself and I am too.

Tonight, I was giving Isabel a bath like I do every night (yes, she could skip it once in a while but lately, she's been messy at dinner and crawling in the grass. Anyway, I plunked her in the tub and let the water fill the big tub as she sat there. She giggled as the water came out of the faucet. She splashed around and crawled up and down the length of the tub. I was feeling especially hot and sticky from the muggy weather and didn't mind getting splashed. So, tonight I decided to splash really fast and we splashed each other. Each time I stopped splashing and started again it started a cascade of laughter that was infectious. I soaked in the moments with her in the tub and enjoyed it.

Earlier this week after a trying day J brought dinner home to help me out. Wouldn't you know J turned his back and Ladybug scarfed a beef teriyaki off his plate nearly whole. So, J took her to the e-vet just to be sure. I knew she's eated corn on the cob and other trash but I am sure she's never done this before. It wasn't a vet trip we wanted to make on top of everything else going on with our pups. But obviously, we would do anything for our furkids so we took her.

I was nervous, annoyed and tired and when J called to say how it went he actually made me laugh. Apparently, after x-rays and inducing vommitting, up came the stick with beef teriyaki still intact. J said, 'at least she won't get to enjoy that beef teriyaki'.....hahahahahaha! I just cracked up and we at least could laugh about it.

Honestly, laughter is keeping me from crying. Lately, it seems that its one thing after another and I feel like we could use a break. I keep reminding myself, God doesn't give us more than we can take but we are just at that breaking point. So, I will take the laughter where I can.

Isabel definetly brings the laughter and the joy, thankful for my beautiful and sweet baby girl. xoxoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Laugher is the best medicine isn't it? Love her laugh ad miss hearing it!! Love you both.

Jess said...

This reminds me of how strong you are...in your faith especially. LOVE that you're using laughter (especially Isabel's!) to get through this time. You're amazing sis, truly.