Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

*sigh*

Today, I went to see my OB for a check up on my incision and to check in. I was feeling apprehensive because I haven't been back to my OB since December.

I have been having conflicting feelings about my practice, expecially since I have had some time to process all that happened and how I feel about what happened and the decisions made by my doctors.

J came with me, which was helpful since he could hold Isabel. It was challenging still because Isabel still cries when anyone else holds her, even J. :( But she did fall asleep on me and I could transfer her to him so I could deal with my appointment.

I got a surprise however, the appointment ended up focusing on my weight. Basically according to her, I need to lose 50lbs. Duh, its not like I love being the weight I am now. However, I felt like I was doing pretty well.

Now, this sleep deprived mama has to find a way to step up the diet and exercise. Feels like alot!

**well I hear Isabel crying so I am off!**

3 comments:

Ames said...

Hang in there Jen! You ARE doing a great job! Everyone has their own pace for weightloss. Be kind to yourself because it sounds like you're on the right track. : )

Veggie Girl and Family said...

Thank you Amy, I just felt crushed because I am working hard at it and breastfeeding. I thought she wouldn't make that the main focus. I am going to keep plugging though!

Jolene said...

I agree with Ames!! And Jen, your doc was much too harsh, that's no way to motivate! She should have just encouraged you to do what you are doing, as you begin to lose weight, not throw such a number on it!! Will help you any way I can! Love you!