Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dreaming about my Nonna

The other night I had a dream about my Nonna, the one we named Isabel after. She's been gone almost 2 years and its been a while since I dreamed about her.

Anyway, in the dream she was talking to me through Skype. She was in NC at a beach house (random I know, since she never left her home in Gloucester like ever!) I could see the ocean in the background and the waves crashing. She looked healthy, happy and thrilled to see Isabel cooing at her.

When I woke up it almost felt like Nonna was still alive and I wanted to call her up and say hi like I did regularly. It made my heart ache even more that she isn't here enjoying her great grandbaby like my other grandmother and Josh's grandmother get too.

She has lips like my Nonna's and I know she would be so proud of her.

Nonna only wanted me to be happy in this life and I am but I would be happier if she were here to see Isabel. The comfort I do have is that if anyone is in heaven its my Nonna and I know she is looking down on us always.

Love you my Nonna~

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I've been thinking and dreaming of her a lot lately. I swear it has to do with Isabel,she just reminds me of her so much!

Jolene said...

wow, I have been thinking about her a lot lately (did you see my blog post on it) too...she must be all around us right now, watching us, keeping us safe, rooting us on and loving us. I miss her so much. Those dreams make me happy but sad too. XO sisters.