Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy 6 months little one!

Our Isabel is 6 months!! How did that happen? Seriously, I am with her everyday and it still went by so fast. Obviously, the first 2 months were tough but now its so much fun days just fly by!

Isabel is a rolling, jabbering, swimming (well splashing) rice cereal eating baby!

I know it seems like everyone talks about these little milestones and it doesn't seem like a big deal but for me it is so humor me I guess!

We have been watching Isabel lift her head up while on her tummy and roll from back to front. She is so strong! I swear she is going to up and walk soon! Maybe she will skip crawling....

We decided to wait the full 6 months to introduce solids and it really felt like the right decision. Friday we introduced the cereal mixed with milk and she just took to it easily. It was fun to see her open her mouth like a little birdy. On one hand its exciting and a huge milestone and other hand its hard to see her grow up! I know that she still needs me and this is only a small portion of her diet but its still a step toward independence. I am working to embrace these changes, but she's still my baby!

This week was her second swim class and she is taking to the water like a fish. She splashed around and reached for the duckies. Love to see her experience new things.

I have to say I absolutely LOVE staying home with Isabel, she is the best job in the world. I like that I am still working on my PhD. which gives me another focus but at the same time I'd rather focus on her! Who wants to write a dissertation anyway ;) Just kidding, its going well!

So Isabel is now:
6 months 4days
21lbs.
She giggles, rolls, stands and leans with help, sits up, eats cereal and responds to her name...and I think she is starting to wave :)

I love this little girl but it is even more fun to see how much her family loves her!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Aww the little one is growing up!! I love her so much, LOVE to see her grow and change and giggle and smile. She's the best!! Her auntie and uncle love her thiiiiiis much :)

Jolene said...

She DEFINITELY waved at me the other day!! I saw her! ;-) She is such a little cutie pie and growing so fast. Love her!

Nicole said...

Awe! Happy 6 months Is! Where does the time go??