Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Feeling cooped up with a baby that won't sleep: 9 month sleep regression?!

I don't know! Really, from what I have read it could be all of this and then some.

The last few nights Isabel has gone down for the night at 9pm, despite my efforts to get her down earlier and despite good day time naps.

What's making it worse is now she is waking up screaming and only wants to nurse to soothe and NOTHING else works, not rocking, shushing, daddy NADA.

I have tried Tylenol, pacifiers, walking around with her. Seriously, I am a tired mama.

My hope is that she going through a phase of sleep regression. She just got over being sick and she is possibly going to drop the 3rd nap (hopefully soon).

That 3rd nap is tricky, if she doesn't get it she will go to be earlier but still might wake up a bit before 9pm but be mostly asleep.

Last night I thought she was going to skip her 3rd nap so I put her down at 6:30 (late for a 3rd nap) and early for bed. She work up at 7pm raring to go and was up until 9pm.

Now that her crib is right next to me, she has been used to rolling over nursing for two seconds when she wakes up and rolling over to go back to sleep. But in the last few nights, she's woken up crying, nursed, cried and then stays nursing for comfort...FOREVER! I tried to get her to unlatch and sleep and that caused a fit at 4am....so I am not sure what is up with that.

I consider myself a parent that definetly leans more toward Attachment Parenting but and crying it out doesn't work for her. But when the AP route isn't even working then I feel stuck!

To make things more complicated, we have to stick around the house so I can keep an eye on Liam the Houdini of stitch removal. We have to wait 2 weeks before I can leave him alone. I don't trust him and he needs to heal. Besides it being rough for me to be inside all day, I know it affects Isabel's sleep. She just isn't as tired as when we go out and do stuff.

This sounds like a long list of complaints. I realize that and its not meant to. I just love staying home with Isabel but its funny how being cooped up can affect my mood especially when its nicer weather and not winter!

Thankfully, J has been a saint, playing with her and feeding her and giving me a break. Friends have been stopping by too, that helps alot!

We will manage!

No comments: