Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Surprising results

I decided to do some spring cleaning and try on some more of my pre-baby clothes just to see if I need to get rid of more or if any fit. Well, I got my jeans on that are a size smaller than I am now! I gotta say it was an empowering feeling and a pleasant surprise. J and I are doing WW together and those these 2 weeks have been really hard to stick to my diet however, its so nice to have a partner to make the weight loss happen! I have been more motivated to get out and walk with Isabel and its energizing. I enjoy feeling healthier and the new way of eating isn't so hard. Its kind of like when I had gestational diabetes, I had to keep track of what I ate and how much. Its really not so hard and its nice to see the results. Its not that I am not getting hungry but I am finding a way to prep healthy snacks and that makes it easier for me to eat healthy on the run. I have been making grocery trips albeit short because of Isabel with grocery list and dinners planned ahead of time. Its how I used to do it pre baby. So I guess I feel like I am getting back to feeling more like myself and its a relieving feeling. Obviously, I am a mom and that is life changing but I feel like I am adjusting better and I love motherhood. I would consider myself a work at home mom and though I have been doing alot of work late night or early morning but its fine. I prefer to do it when Isabel isn't up because I like getting out with her and spending day time with her. I have to credit my advisor for being so supportive and encouraging through this process. I really enjoy my work but motherhood is just as fulfilling!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So proud of you sis!!!!

Jolene said...

Yay! You are doing awesome! Glad you two are doing it together, bet it really helps!