Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Starting a new chapter

Just this week I have been reflecting on how my life has changed since Isabel was born.

Obviously, I never expected the traumatic events surrounding her birth and the aftermath.

Or that she was going to be a 'high needs baby' you know the one that couldn't be put down, nursed constantly, catnapped on me only, had trouble going to others, fussed for 2-3h a night and was hysterical in the car for the first 3 months.....

We have turned a corner in many ways and its really become apparent this week.

I would say that from her 4th month on she really came into her own and each day she gets more and more fun.

What has really struck me is that each trip out this week (Easter, Panera, Barnes and Noble, Wentworth-Douglas BF Support, and Kindermusik) folks have exclaimed just what a happy baby she is. It made me swell with pride to have people tell me that she is obviously a happy baby!

She blows raspberries, makes a 'teradactyl call', and a noise all her own that I can't describe unless you hear it and she laughs alot!

I feel like as hard as it was the first few months, she has really come so far and really is blossoming into a happy baby. Its especially rewarding that it isn't just apparent to me but to strangers and family alike!

I feel like this week I have turned a corner in my life too.

I feel like my PTSD is lessening and I am experiencing less flashbacks, sleeping better and just feel more like me. It feels great.

Its an empowering feeling to feel like I have come through this experience and have emerged stronger in my faith, stronger in my marriage and probably a better mama.

I am thankful that God has been my rock and I feel like its Him that has healed my heart, my body and my mind. I am thankful to feel like me, but maybe a better me!

No comments: