Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Grocery store: Extreme Fail?!

This morning I had 'Making Room for Multiples' on and there was a mom that just had twin boys after having a set of triplet boys 4 years prior. Woah right?!

Well, they showed her taking ALL the kids to the grocery store. If you can imagine she had the 3 older boys piled into the front of those carts with the car on the front and the babies in a double stroller that she pulled behind her.

Can you say Super Mom?

Well, it changed my attitude about taking 1 Miss Isabel to the grocery store thats for sure! She made shopping with 5 kids look like a walk in the park so whats the biggie about shopping with one?

Now that Isabel is out of her bucket car seat she's now a lovely 22lbs. I have had the joy of introducing her to the shopping cart riding experience. She's not a fan. J and I took her for the first time a couple of weeks ago and we ended up carrying her all around the store because she wouldn't stay in the car without fussing.

Now, I take her in the Ergo carrier. She's upright, immobile and snuggly with me. It works but its hard with her strapped to my body but it works.

I got a renewed sense of motivation in the recent weeks to coupon.... after watching Extreme Couponing. Hmmmm....its sad that this post has already referenced two TV shows. I really don't watch much of anything so I guess that these two shows just stick in my mind because its all I have watched recently.

Anyway, after seeing how much they saved I have been doing so research, meal planning and grocery list making. Most of the time the items on sale are in the circular and the mfg. coupons correspond.

What I have learned is this:
1. Babies and couponing even with one is a tough combo, its tough to do math and figure out what I need and how much all at once and as quick as I can.

2. Items on sale are usually processed foods so I have to choose wisely but I can save money there and buy more produce so that works

3. Market Basket doesn't deeply discount a product their prices are already low so the store brand is usually still cheaper.

4. I need to shop at Shaw's or Hannaford's to really get a deal on a name brand, something I don't have alot of stores nearby

So, today even with a list, no impulse shopping and coupons, I only saved $8 and still spent $85! Ugh.....

Times are tough and food prices keep rising!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

$85 is GOOD sis! I spend that just on ME! Must bode bad on me then ;-) Honestly, you are doing great, and I'd love to see Isabel in the grocery cart! so cute!