Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Highlights of the week

This week J traveled for work but Isabel and I made the best of it. Here are some of the highlights:

Tuesday: Isabel 'helped' daddy pack for his trip, we visited Dorothy at Gordon College, visited MIL and stayed over night with my dad

We slept over at my dad's which was such fun! We stuck to her routine of dinner, bath and bed. Dad just loved getting to help feed her, bathe her and play with her. I enjoyed the lobster roll he got for me ;)

Wednesday: We took Isabel to dad's work to make the rounds and show her off (he was in seventh heaven!), we visited Darlene at Seacoast and then we went to stay with my sister. Dad missed her before she even left with a tearful look at my sweet Isabel, he really can't resist her!

We had a delicious dinner of my favorite chicken soup and Aunties and Uncle took turns doing the routine of dinner, bath and bed! Seriously, I was feeling the love! Jess made me my favorite cookies and tea, Scott made me soup and Jolene and Mom came over just because Isabel and I were there!

Thursday: We played with Jess and Scott and then I put Isabel down for a nap...we fell asleep together for 2h at Jess's oooops! I guess I was tired. I felt bad but it was good to rest!

We picked up the dogs (who I missed dearly) and J came home at 1:30am! Ugh!

It may seem like a mundane week but for me it was anything but. Spending time with family with Isabel is priceless. The momenets we share now are precious. It is also helping me make new memories over the bittersweet ones I had when I was bouncing house to house as I recovered from my c-section. I am so thankful for my loving family and how much they love Isabel!

*********
Another highlight is today....the whole day

It is Easter Sunday.

Isabel's first one!

We went to church, it was beautiful day. We went to my grandparents for lunch with my sisters, BIL and mom. It was a big day. First big family gtg since Isabel was born. It was special and here is why:

We celebrated Easter as a family

Isabel wore a sweet dress bought for her by my dad

We celebrated Easter at church, a good tradition that we want to continue for Isabel
Gram and Gramp got to have their great grandbaby to celebrate with, can't believe its been a year since Easter and I was days from finding out we were actually expecting a girl wow!

My mom, sisters and BIL got to dote on Isabel

Isabel loved it all, took in the attention, showed off her rolling skills and her fantastic little noises she makes!

Love Love Love her!!
Family is special and I love mine, feeling blessed tonight!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw. Love this sis. It's been an amazing weekend (and week) with you!! I miss you and Isabel so much now!!

Jolene said...

I love this too. It was a great day yesterday and last week too, spending lots of time together. A far from from 6-ish months ago huh? Amazing.

Veggie Girl and Family said...

Really has changed alot in 6 months! All for the good, xoxoxoxoxo Love you sisters!