Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week #31 Update

Wow oh wow its starting to feel more real. I oscillate between elation and fear! This week at my OB apt. I had to sign forms of consent for delivery and meds for induction should that be the route I need to take for delivery.

Its pretty scary when you think about the risk but the reward is worth it. I found out that Baby N will be born by her due date of September 21st and not later because of the complication of GD, they don't want her to get too big. I also will be getting an u/s at 33 weeks and non-stress tests every week until she is born.

The most amazing thing this week was being able feel her body more clearly. I can feel her head and her back and what I think are elbows and knees. My OB even mentioned just how amazing the whole thing is. Quite reassuring that a seasoned OB can still find wonder and amazement in the miracle of life.

How far along? 31w 1d

Weight gain? 19lbs

How big is baby? ~ 3lbs (bigger than me when I was born) and I will know more accurately at the u/s

Kicks? steady jabs and rolls and hiccups, noticing a pattern now

Latest craving? Ice cream and thankfully I can have it at night even with GD!

Highlight? Feeling her body and head= pure joy!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

aww! you can feel her head and body? so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG that IS SO COOL!! It is totally real now sis, I am so excited to meet her!!!