Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Adjusting... its a challenge

Today has been a long day..... I just feel wiped. I know its in part because of the baby but also because I have been trying to keep up my busy pace....but I think I need to scale it back. I also need to be better about taking time for myself, even if it is to take more bathroom breaks when I am running around.

Case in point today: After my haircut I had to pee, did I go? No... I went to the grocery store and should have pee'd before... it was bad! Then, I got annoyed that it seems like every store has their bathroom in the back of the store...hello? Not conducive to the pregnant lady! Lesson learned to pee when I can!!

My weekend schedule isn't too hectic lately but I need to work on taking more breaks. Usually, on Saturdays I have water aerobics but it was cancelled because our instructor was away. That class alone will wipe me out. Instead I did house chores, got a hair cut, did the grocery shopping and painted the edges of the hallway walls and the nursery (J painted with the roller the rest). I made dinner and did the laundry. It sounds like a lot but I used to do so much more!

*sigh* Its an adjustment! And I need to slow down a bit.

I am adjusting to my new GD diet. I went on Thursday and saw an RN and though I don't officially have GD I have to follow the diet and test my blood so its like I have it anyway! It has been really interesting testing my sugar and doing the diet. At first, I was starving and frustrated but I have learned more of what I can eat and spreading the snacks out better. Grocery shopping helps.

Some of my problems with the plan:
  • I am still have aversions to meat/pb, can't drink milk
  • Other protein options are cheese/cottage cheese and too much of that causes problems
  • I have also had high blood sugar every morning which is concerning
  • I am trying to figure out which night time snack I should eat
  • I am also not very hungry at night so thats challenging too

I feel like a science experiment.

Over all since starting the diet, I had been feeling a bit more rested when I do sleep and less hungry during the day. I might lose some weight doing it... we'll see.

Another big development is J's grandmother passed away this week. She had been ill for a while but it is still sad for all of us. She was always good to me. Very interested in my life and supportive of my relationship with J. I think we will give Baby N, her name as a middle name to honor her. I just wish she got to meet her. We are still sorting out the arrangements, still feels surreal.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

sis, so sorry about J's grandma...so sad. But you're right. And you are adjusting just fine...one day at a time sis!

squashgirl said...

Thanks sis!