Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sitting in the front row at church

Today we got to church just as it was about to start, I hate getting their 'on time' or 'late' ugh. But today it was the best I could do just to get their by then.

Since we got their late there were no parking spots except for really far away ones... lovely. I prepared myself to waddle across the lot. But, just as we were about to park far far away. J pulled into the expectant mom/new mom spot.

I blushed a bit because even though I am about 30 weeks (7 months) pregnant I still feel like I shouldn't use that spot. But we did and it was a life saver. There are 3 in front of the church so I didn't feel as bad taking the spot.

Since we were late, we were seated in the front row. It was a new experience. We usually sit in the middle to back. I think J and I both liked sitting up front. I felt more connected to the service and the teaching. Less distraction from the others around us, like the ones using the Ipad etc.

I am starting to feel like we can settle into this church. I am going to volunteer to help with VBS in August. We are going to go to the new members class in a week and learn more. I feel like God is opening the doors and helping us to settle in there. It feels good.

The down side is that they don't have a choir but I was thinking about joining MOPS after baby N is born as a way to connect and meet other moms.

I think we might start sitting in the front, even if we get to church on time ;)

3 comments:

Jolene said...

Aw, that's awesome sis! Glad you liked it and don't worry about using that spot, YOU are who they are saving those parking spots for :)

Anonymous said...

The other day I was totally thinking that more places need to have expecting/new mom parking spots! Or we should be able to use the handicap spots! So glad to hear that they are out there! :)
We've been sitting in the front or 2nd row of the church we've been attending lately, too. It is good, and much easier to tune out those distractions that are bound to happen! :)
Blessings!

squashgirlphd said...

I have always struggled with these spots and whether expectant moms really should be exempt from walking distances. I can see it more for moms with kids in tow. However in hot weather or icy conditions these spots are total life savers and I wish there were more of them!