Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sun =therapy


So, after week or more of being cooped up at home recovering I got a break from the monotony of rain and found that sun, in addition to feeling better really lifts the spirits!

After not getting to go to Friday night's cookout, I at least got to Gloucester to visit the In-laws and my sisters. It was a very relaxing and good day. We brought the fur kids, which is always fun. They have a blast and it seems to brighten everyone's mood. I think they are really going to miss us this week when both Josh and I go back to work. Wish I could take them with me, they would have a blast at the farm.

We always joke that our Ladybug is alot like my mil's dog Rosie and in alot of ways she is but last night she proved she has at least one character distinction. She doesn't mind fireworks. I knew that UNH was having fireworks last night so on the way back from g-town we stopped at UNH for the fireworks. I forgot how much I love them. Reminds me of the many times I would ooh and aww at them with my mom at Stage fort park. It was a pleasant surprise to get to see them and I realized that Josh and I have never watched fireworks together. How can that be?! We have been together for 6 years! Ha. It was fun picking out the ones I like and hear his commentary on the ones he liked. Really fun experience!

Today, I had planned to go to my sister's cookout. No dice. I do have to admit I am still recovering and yet I am trying to push myself so I can feel 'back to normal'. I am still experiencing some pain 2 of my incisions, some stomach issues and fatigue but otherwise ok. I did find out there wasn't any evidence of cancer cells in my tube so that was good. I really didn't think there would be though.

At Jo's yesterday I realized just how pasty my legs were so I sat out side in my little adirondack chair and soaked in some rays. It felt nice. I usually hate it but it felt nice today. Got a bit of a burn though.. ooops

Progress report on the garden:
Green tomatoes aplenty! Everything looks chlorotic... gave them liquid fertilizer today. Everything is growing though! More pix to follow!

No comments: