Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Not what I wanted

Wow, I am realizing more and more how much of an indecisive person I am. I think it is because I tend to be a people pleaser. Last night we were invited to my dad's 4th of July cookout, parade, fireworks. When he invited me earlier in the week, I was optimistically thinking I would be up for it.

Friday came and I was still feeling sore and tired. I kept pep talking myself I would go, got dressed and sank into the couch, not wanting to move. Had a small meltdown with sis on the phone because I couldn't bring myself to say I wouldn't go. Why do we do that to ourselves? I feel like I never want to let anyone down even if it means pushing myself out the door even if I really don't feel well.

So what happened? I decided not to go in the end. I was almost asleep by 7:30 so I was greatful to be home. But, I hate to feel like I am missing out. I really like parties and going out but it is getting harder to go because of the fact most things I want to do with family are out of state. I guess thats the sacrifice I make for living here.

Anyway, not to go on and on. I am feeling better overall and the sun is shining. I need to start trying to be less of a people pleaser and try to enjoy life more.

Happy 4th of July, it is Independence Day after all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I often do the same thing, get sucked into doing things I just don't want to do, or wanted to do at the time, but then get too tired or don't feel like doing them when it comes down to it. Seems like us people pleasers end up doing much more of the things we don't want to do, then in the end, have less time for the things we enjoy and want to do. I am trying to practice the art of saying 'no'...still have yet to master that one though.

Anonymous said...

So true, we need towork on that!