Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Growing up so fast!

So I used to nod and agree when family or friends would exclaim that kids grow up too fast but never really connected to it. Yea, kids grow up so?!

Well it hit me today, this morning actually with Isabel on the changing table.

Isabel has cut her first teeth, not one but TWO! They are the bottom front ones and though I was jumping up and down when I saw them, I felt wistful and a pang of sadness that my baby too was growing up and fast!

Last night I felt something sharp on her lower gums but she would let me look in there. This morning when I was changing her I decided to peak. Sure enough those two little white teeth were popping through.

J was in the other room and I was calling him jumping up and down exclaiming: "our baby has teeth!!!" He came in to inspect and agreed.

It is a milestone for sure. Just not one I thought we would reach at 4.5 months. She is my baby, a breastfed baby no less and if nothing else I am thinking about her little chompers for my own sake.

Nonetheless, it is a visible reminder that she is growing, not just taller and gaining weight but she is developing. She squawks, squeals, giggles and coos. She can bare weight on her feet. She can hold her head up on her belly. She can hold objects and bring them to her mouth. She's amazing really, at least this momma thinks so!

I really can't believe she has teeth! Wish I could take a picture but she won't let me!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

awww! I wanna see her teeth! Teefs! :-)