Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 19, 2011

I've been biten

If I didn't mention it yet, my dear sweet baby girl has cut her first two teeth, yes two! And at once, two weeks ago. Its early for them I know....

Honestly, I was dreading this milestone as a nursing mom (selfish I know). She's exclusively breastfed still so I knew this was going to get tricky.

Prior to getting teeth she had a couple of times where she clamped down with her gums and that hurt. But today was different.

I have been letting her nurse longer and more on one side since she favors it, especially while she's been sick.

Today, she bit down and broke skin. That very tender sensitive skin. Its on the side she loves and as soon as she did it I took her off to which she let out a very heartbreaking sob. But thats what they say to do so I did it.

I put her back on and the pain was well a 10, the kind that takes your breath away. It stung and burned and was pretty much excrutiating.

So, I had to nurse her on the other side and thankfully she went to sleep with out needing both sides.

Ugh. Honestly, this sucks!

I absolutely love breastfeeding and I know this is a bump in the road but its frustrating. I love her so much even though she is inadvertently hurting me. Ah, a mother's love.

Hopefully with ice, Tylenol and Lansinoh cream it should feel better in the morning.

Yea, who would have thought I would be blogging about damaged nipples on a Saturday night, how I live the life ;) Not complaining but it does cause me to reminisce about my days pre-baby. Those days were fun, but these days nipple pain and all are priceless!

On another note, a dear friend had her baby shower and Isabel and I went. I was nervous since it was at 9am an hr. away but it went well and I got to play proud mama and got to pass Isabel around which she really enjoyed, so did I!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh No! I hope that she won't be biting you anymore...I am so scared of C doing that to me when her teeth come in. You poor thing, I hope it heals quickly!

Jolene said...

ouch! that hurts me just thinking about it ;)