Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Running, really?

No, I would not classify myself as a runner maybe back in college. I would run up and down Grapevine Rd and Hull Rd.

Now? Not so much. I walked alot when I first got Ladybug and Liam but in the last couple of years. life has gotten in the way.

I have made alot of excuses for why I haven't dieted or exercised regularly. No more.

When I set my mind to do something I do it. I know I can do it. When I had gestational diabetes, I had to watch my diet carefully and be active everyday. It was easy in the summer, I walked, swam and did water aerobics.

Now, everything is admittedly 10x harder, even making a sandwhich is hard much less sticking to a diet plan....anyway I digress.

I have decided that with my mom friends I am going to do "Couch to 5k" and run the Redhook 5k in May on Memorial Day weekend. I have a jogging stroller and Isabel can come along.

No excuses.

I have 16 weeks to get back into some kind of shape. Sure my body is scarred, my feet are wider and my boobs are the size of dumbells but I am going to do it somehow.

I have a pretty flat neighborhood and my friend's neighborhoods are good too. So I am going to start slow and work my way up.

Running can for me be exhilerating and freeing. Its just me and the pavement. It is also a mental challenge to train my mind to make my body do something that hardly feels natural.

But its a challenge and it gives me a goal. Maybe I won't be able to stick to a strict diet right now with BF'ing and a busy baby but the exercise will help me trim down I bet.

There hopefully will be minimal $ investment, but I do need running shoes, pants and some kind of bra that will hold these boulders but I think I can swing that ;)

I think it will good for me mentally. I have been feeling cooped up and I need a goal that I can acheive and something to take my mind off the stress I feel in my life.

So here I go! You guys will keep me honest right?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You CAN do it! I am going to sign up too! I got your back if you've got mine...I'll need pushing too! Now I've just gotta find a jogging stroller!

crystal said...

Jen you can do it, we are all going to do it together! All we need now is some help from mother nature so we can get outside and train!

Jess said...

You are gonna do great sis! I am so proud of you and totally want to sign up!!!

Jolene said...

YES you can do it! (and I LOLed at the boob and boulder comment! haha) Can we shop for sneakers together? :) XO!

Cheryl said...

Jen, way to go!! I am doing C25K (I'm on week 5, day 3)as well! I've done it before, and love it!! I run on a treadmill currently, because I am a wimp with the weather :) Looking forward to hearing about your progress!