Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mom friends

This week was pretty uneventful as far as going places and doing stuff as it snowed most of the week. I was worried that cabin fever might set in with a baby in the winter but up until this point it really hadn't.

I am really fornuate to have become part of two mom's groups. One is a spin off of our BF support class and these are moms that are now back to work. We are trying to meet up at least once a month and stay in touch during the week via long email convos. This group is made up of moms with mostly girls Isabel's age so that is helpful and they all rock. Two of the even blog, here and here love that we have that in common!

There is another group of girls that are stay at home moms. All 3 of them have boys and Isabel is a 2 weeks-month younger than them. I will refer to the moms as C, E and J. I am thankful for each of them.

I met C in swim class and we instantly clicked like we were friends from grade school. We shared our aches, pains and anxiety all the up to and through delivery. Our babies are 8 days apart and both born emerency c-section. We have both had our struggles since the babies were born but have been there to support each other and encourage each other. Its eerie what we have in common, both have careers in science, went to UNH, have husbands that we've known since HS, went to Northeastern and are engineers! She is full of advice, wisdom and is a loyal and genuine friend. She's also encouraging me to run a 5k this spring, something I have always wanted to do! C is the glue between the moms in this group, like me she is a natural at bringing people together.

I met J in BF support 1x I think but really got to be friends when C invited me to walk the mall and then we started weekly playdates. Turns out we have a mutual friend who is also having a baby this spring. I feel like even though our babies are 1 mo apart they are so similar in temperment which helps me figure Isabel out. She is really down to earth, insightful and full of ideas of fun things to do with the babies.

I also met E through C when went for a walk at the mall. She met C in BF support at another hospital. She is working from home a bit like me so we share the struggle to juggle it all. She has a very laid back baby and she too is very calm, I love that because I wish I was more chill sometimes. She also had a c-section so it helps to talk about stuff post c-sec and relate. She, like C lived in Boston like J so they have lots of fun ideas for things to do there in the spring.

We all love getting together and probably would gtg everyday if we could, its a group of girls and babies I don't think I could get sick of! We share tips we've found work for our babies, pedi advice and compare baby gear, toys and clothes.

We gtg MWF, Mondays for BF/parents group at the hospital, W for Kindermusik and Panera and F is usually a playdate at one of each other's houses. Sometimes we mix it up and go to story time at B&N on Thursdays.

I look forward to getting out, even though its tough with winter and timing it right so I don't have a wailing baby. Many days I could convince myself to stay home because its easier but they give me the push I need, So what if Isabel cries, needs to bf or poops an outfit we are all in the same boat.

This week we only got out M and F and I was climbing the walls! Thank goodness for these girls, this is a special group! Its fun to watch the babies discover each other and grow, just looking at the pictures we took a month ago to now there is such a change. I am thankful for new friends, who don't replace my old ones but add to my life greatly.

3 comments:

Jolene said...

I am so glad you are meeting other friends sis!! I know it's been really good for you and it will be good for bouncing ideas off each other and stuff too. I miss you and Isabel! XO!

Anonymous said...

Awe! I am so grateful to have met you, Isabel and the rest of the girls and babies! I hope we can keep this thing going once a month or even more...you have been such a great support for me! :) Can't wait to see you and Isabel soon! :)

crystal said...

Jen you are such a wonderful friend and I am so lucky to have you in my life. I couldn't agree more with you, I feel like we have been friends forever and that God meant for us too meet. We have so much in common. I would be lost without you and am loving that Jameson and Isabel are growing up to be the best of friends!