Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 30, 2012

Doing the mom thing on my own for a weekend


J had to travel this weekend which is unusual for his work and harder for me since we moved in some ways because I am still getting used to the new house and all.

My mom and J's mom were great help this weekend but I am beat and want him to come back! It made me admire moms that do the singly mom thing. Its hard being their all even though most days J only sees her for a bit in the morning and evening it makes a huge difference.

I do feel like Isabel behaves differently when both of us are together than when its just me. She actually whines more when we are both home and I am doing stuff (like dishes) even though J is right there.

This weekend she was good, she let me do what I had to do. Played with my MIL and mom when they visited and went with the flow. I think she 'knew' that things were different. We have a routine and I just kept it the same for the weekend like I do during the days we are home during the week together. That really helped.

She definitely missed J, she stayed up late for me waiting and when he called as she was dropping off to sleep she jumped up and when I answered the phone she said 'hi dada'. He sang to her which riled her up but she dropped off right after.

They will need some daddy/daughter time when he gets home! Mama needs a little break too!

Saw this today and had to post it, because this is where I am at today!

Pinned Image
#9 and #10 are so true

2 comments:

Jess said...

aww, I love the last one in that list. :) I loved seeing you guys yesterday, I thought she did great, such a good little girl :)

Jolene said...

I love the last one too :-) you are doing great sis. I just wish I was there this weekend to spend with you!!