Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 20, 2012

Note to self

Do not try to take a toddler out for an activity no matter how good she is being if its close to nap time.

Today, I experienced the most epic tantrum out of Isabel. I am almost embarrassed to admit it.

We went to the children's library where she could roam free and check out the surrounding and sit on the little wooden chairs, color with crayons and race up and down the rows of books.

Fun right?

She even got to walk the sidewalks holding my hand and everything!

I thought she was doing well as she took a rare mid morning nap.

However, it was clear she was tired and so I scooped her up and tried to get her out the door to sidewalk thinking that even if she protested going to the car the walk there would make up for it.

Wrong.

She would not hold my hand and want to run in the snow and basically do anything I didn't want her to do.

Sound like a toddler?

Yea, that's her and for the most part her independence and her will is what I love about her.

Today, it was just exhausting and frustrating for me. I ended up half carrying her to the car and strapping her squirminess into the car seat while she wailed.

We got home quickly (thank you, new close to everything home) and she was fine when we got home. I hugged her and tried to tell her I understood how frustrated she felt and that I think she is tired.

Soon enough she hugged me and smiled then pointed to the stairs and she was asleep in minutes.

So lesson learned, wait for trips out until after a nap.

*sigh*

I don't want this to mean every time we go out=tantrum.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Awww. I have to say - I love that when she got home with you she hugged you and pointed to the stairs (as in "I love you mommy but I'm tired"). She's so loving, and so smart, despite the tantrum. I just want to squeeze her to pieces!

Jolene said...

awww...epic tantrum sounds awful sis :( but you got through it and I admire that so much. xo