Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year, welcome 2012

This year we actually had plans on New Years eve, we were planning on attending a friend's wedding and spend the night away from Isabel. Of course, I was nervous to leave her but my mom was going to have her and I trust my mom.

About mid-week we decided I wasn't going to go because Isabel was sick, it was kind of a relief because I wasn't sure I was ready to leave her and there were too many logistics involved like who would watch the dogs? What if it snowed? What if Isabel cried the whole time?

Then the stomach bug took me down.

HARD.

Like puking my guts out, chills and fever and the whole nine yards.

No wonder my little Isabel was so miserable this bug was miserable. Together Isabel and I felt pretty miserable together while J took care of us and the house. I think he appreciates what I do just a little more after these last few days of Mr. Mom. Unlike me, Isabel would bounce back for a while and play and play and then crash while I was just lucky to be up and on the couch.

He graciously decided to stay with us last night and not go to the wedding. I did feel guilty he was missing it, as it was most of his friends that would be there. But it meant so much he was there for me and Isabel because I really doubted I could do this by myself. Figures Isabel went to bed at 5:30pm.

Thankfully, we are all feeling better today. Except for Ladybug.

She was lethargic and not getting up to eat and drink.

She's on her last round of chemo and its 8 days out and if the chemo is going to hit her, its going to hit her hard today.

In my gut I felt like something wasn't right with her. So I called the e-vet and J took her in. I figured she would need some fluids and be sent back home.

They did blood work and turns out her WBC was super low, like 3000 is normal low after chemo and hers is 800. They felt she was susceptible to infection and needs IV antibiotics. So in addition to fluids she's getting antibiotics.

So, I thought she'd be gone maybe a couple of hours and now she's not going to be home until the morning.

My poor girl, I hate that she is going through this. She's such a loyal girl, loving and sweet. She's very gentle with Isabel. Isabel has been going over to her all day and hugging her face and neck. Maybe she could tell the poor girl wasn't feeling well?

So my sweet puppy girl is getting medications and being watched tonight. I am hoping that this is it the last hurdle for her. She just finished her last round of chemo and though this will not keep the cancer away forever, it will keep it at bay for years.

All I can say is cancer is the pits, whether its happening to your family member thats a human or a pet its just the worst.

So, this New Year is starting off with a bang and NOT the way I was planning on it to go but here we are. Looking back, we have had some really fun New year's parties and fun times in the last few years but times change I guess. With all thats going on, I wouldn't change it.

Because, I still have my God who is my rock. I have my J who is my best friend, I have my Isabel that is my joy and my fur kids that are family. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

We launch into 2012, its going to be a big year. Here's to 2012. Ready or not!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Amen sister. God is your rock and 2012 is going to be a great year. I know it. My prayers with LB of course, poor girl, but she is in good hands and I love that Isabel was all snuggly with her, she knew! XOXO