Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Things I love about Isabel

I am having sort of a rough morning and cried on the way to work after dropping her off because she buried her sweet little head into my shoulder and clung like a koala when I dropped her off today.

So, I thought I would do an ode to my 16 month old sweet girl:
1. I love how affectionate you are, giving hugs and kisses when I ask for them but also just because, you even purse your little lips!

2. You are amazingly fast and rambunctious which I love! You are quick on your feet and even the monkey business of climbing on the chairs and sofa though it worries me, is awesome to see you marvel at your new abilities

3. I love that you can kick a ball and call out 'kick' as you go.

4. I love all the words you can say now: mama (my have), dada, kitty, doggie, sit, up, down, yes, outside, slide, all done, hi_____kitty/mama/daddy, this, that and sometimes no ;) (lets keep it that way).

5. You have become more adventurous with eating, you now like mango chunks, couscous, cream cheese and clementines

6. You are so independent that you roam a little more than I would like sometimes but I love that you feel 'safe' and even do well with your aunt/uncles and grandparents without me (my big girl)

7. I don't dread car rides anymore because we can banter back and forth and you don't cry as much. It makes the long rides to school easier (most days)

8. I love looking at your picture on my desk at work because you are my inspiration for finishing my dissertation, mama is working hard little one but your daddy and I will give you the best life you could ever want. I want you to know that you are the light of my life, my joy and being your mom is the best job, I could ever want!

Love you my sweetie pie! I even called to check on you today after I left and they said you are painting, hmmm maybe we shall try that at home, if mama is brave enough ;)

3 comments:

Jess said...

awww this made my heart melt! you are such an amazing and loving mama to her. and she is such an amazing and loving daughter (and niece!) - I love her so much!!

Jolene said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww! I loved this too, and smiled reading every single one. Hope we can have a lunch date soon!! And I love how she smells, of course. Comfort and like Jen :)

Ames said...

Jen, I can't believe she is 16m old! I feel like you just had her so I can't imagine what it's like for you...guess I'll know soon. B just turned 10 weeks yesterday. How time flies.